We’re pretty proud of the great food scene here in Baltimore, and as someone with an incredibly large sweet tooth I can testify that we have bragging rights over some legit confections. So if you know anyone like me who loves the holidays for the sugar indulgence, consider picking up a locally made chocolate bar or two. At The Wine Source we have a range of high quality sweets that make perfect gifts or stocking stuffers. So if you’re running low on gifts ideas, just remember you can always get some tasty sweets and support local businesses at the same time.
- Kinderhook Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies- as a staff we consume an extraordinary about of these cookies, which are big and packed full of delicious chocolate discs.
- Velvet Chocolatier– the range of barks from this Owings Mills based chocolatier can satisfy any chocoholic- from white chocolate with pictachios and dried blueberries to dark chocolate with pecan toffee.
- Toffee, Barks & Brittle– this is about as local as you can get! Creator Scott Baum lives just a few blocks from the store. His tasty creations are bolstered by high quality ingredients, and his most popular item is definitely the bacon peanut brittle.
- Glarus Chocolatier– this traditional Swiss company makes simple products that allows the ingredients to shine. Pick up a Bali Sea Salt bar, which has the bonus of being easy on the eyes as well.
- Zoe’s Chocolates– this Frederick-based company has cornered the market on chocolate that is both beautiful and whimsical. Their seasonal bars are stunning tasty. What more could you ask for?
- A.Kirchmayr Chocolates– this Baltimore institution is a must-taste for anyone who has never had their truffles. Classic German products for those who love tradition.
We have a different kind of chocolate for every taste out there, so be sure to stop by today or tomorrow to find the perfect gift for the chocolate lover in your life!